*** The WS3083 has retired - please see the all new WS3085 which replaces it ***
The WS3083 is extremely easy to set-up and measures a comprehensive array of weather information. Its backlit console displays a full range of weather variables and customisable alarms allow alerts for all weather conditions.>
The WS3083 has a transmission range of up to 100m (line of sight) back to the main unit which displays temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind, rainfall, dew point, windchill, date/time, short range forecast, UV Index and Light levels.
The main unit stores up to three month's worth of data with easy viewing of historic records and connects to PC via USB for downloading, charting and uploading to websites for displaying live local weather conditions (PC and Mac software download included).
Can be connected to Weather Underground using your PC or Mac - become part of the global weather community and view the weather from your WS3083 from anywhere in the world using a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android phone.
Installation kit included.
- Backlit LCD displays temperature (indoor/outdoor in °F or °C), humidity (indoor/outdoor), barometric pressure, wind, rainfall, dew point, windchill, date/time, short range forecast, UV index and light measurement
- Bar graph shows 12 or 24-hour history of barometric data
- Wind sensor provides information on wind speed (mph, m/s, km/h, knots, Beaufort), gust, and direction
- Customisable weather alarms (high and low for each variable)
- Storm warning
- User adjustable measuring intervals
- Connects to your PC via USB and comes with software for easy downloading and charting. Software also allows uploading to websites for displaying local weather conditions whilst connected.
- Wireless sensors transmit data up to 100m (line of sight) back to LCD display
- Low power consumption
- LCD is wall hanging or free standing and battery powered for flexible placement
- Solar panel for outdoor sensors
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°C to + 60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- Indoor temperature range: 0°C to + 50°C (32°F to +122°F)
- Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Rain volume display: 0 to 9999mm, resolution 0.3mm (if rain volume < 1000mm) or 1mm (if rain volume > 1000mm)
- Wind speed: 0 to 160 km/h
- Barometric pressure: 300hPa to 1,100hPA (inHg, mmHG or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
- Light: 0 to 400k Lux
- UV Index: 1 to 12
- Transmission range: up to 100m (330 feet) line of sight
- Power consumption: receiver 3 x AA batteries, transmitter 2 x AA batteries
- Transmission frequency: 433MHz
- Data storage capacity: 2 weeks at 5 min intervals and nearly 3 months at 30min intervals
- Alarm duration: 120 sec
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Purchased for my birthday. Arrived on time and was very easy to assemble and establish. Have been using PC program to record local conditions. Very high winds can cause false rain readings.
Nice weather station. Does what it promises. Easy to assemble and set up. Works fine with Weather software.
My wife bought me this station for my birthday. I am delighted with it. It has been collecting data now for just short of 3 weeks and gives a fascinating insight into the "local" weather in my garden. Easy to set up and extremly accurate, i would recomend this to anyone with an interest in the weather.
Great weather station. The instructions to set it up are clear and easy to follow. Has been working well since we set it up.
I recently purchased the WS3083 and once setup correctly is working brilliantly. The supplied parts were easy to assemble and erect. I decided to focus on the backyard environment rather than the broader weather conditions. I checked the statistic the WS3083 provided against a manual water gauge and two professional temperature gauges. The only issue I have is with the rain gauge which seems to differ dramatically from the rain gauge. We have had a very dry few months in Australia so hopefully we will get some more rain so I can check it out and replace it under warrantee if needed. Other than this the station provide a great view of the local micro climate. My only other worry is the Cumulus software it is a little difficult to calibrate and seems to shut does at random (I report the local micro climate conditions to weather underground - (Hacket ACT - iCanberra49). Hopefully someone can point me to some other software. Other than these minor niggles I unreservedly recommend this PWS.
Great weather station folks, now and again i need to reset the station
I read the reviews on the website prior to buying the WS3083 and expected it to be a good product with easy installation. I was not disappointed and it worked perfectly within minutes of setting up, no issues at all. The Cumulus software that compliments it is excellent and the whole set up is seamless. The download of the Guide from Monax was definitely a significant help and reinforced points made in the manual. Overall - I am very pleased and look forward to years of active use and enjoyment.
I very much like my new Aercus weather station. Very easy to setup, the most difficult part was deciding on where and how to mount the sensor array. I had no problem with wireless link between the sensors mounted on my roof and the console in the sitting room. It's been running a couple of weeks now with no problems at all. I would have preferred it if the sensor mountings were a little more substantial, only time will tell if the worst of the winter weather can rip the sensors from the mounting bracket. In particular the rain gauge is fixed with just one short screw and doesn't feel very secure. To strengthen it I've wrapped a cable tie around a lug on the bottom and then around the bracket to which it is screwed. Data is collected by the console with real time data display and also stored for download onto a computer. I used the recommended software to download and process stored data onto my PC for further analysis such as graph production of rainfall, wind strength and sunlight hours. It was easy to do all this via the supplied USB cable. I would definitely recommend this product if you are looking to have fun collecting weather data at your location and doing some climate monitoring over the days, months and years. Very good value for its cost.
Good professional kit, easy to put up, operational within 30 mins.