Comes with FREE 29 page Beginner's Guide eBook "Trouble-Free Wireless Weather Station Setup and Maintenance - The Definitive Guide"
The Aercus Instruments WS1173 is our most popular desktop wireless weather station and is perfect for those wanting the temperature, humidity and forecasting capability of our more comprehensive stations. Great for window sills, the office, and for gifts. Measures temperature (indoor/outdoor), humidity (indoor/outdoor), barometric pressure and short range forecast. Fully customisable weather alarms. Wall hanging or free standing.
- Wireless Temperature (°F or °C) & Humidity (%RH)
- Records min and max humidity or temperature
- Barometric pressure 24-hour history graph (inHg or hPa)
- Barometric pressure tendency arrow
- Forecast icons based on changing barometric pressure
- Manual set time and date
- 12 or 24-hour time display
- Perpetual calendar
- Time alarm with snooze
- Highlight LED backlight
- Wall hanging or free standing
- Included transmitter WH2
- Synchronised fast reception
- Wireless outdoor humidity range: 20% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Indoor humidity range: 1% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Humidity accuracy: ±5% under 0-45%
- Wireless outdoor temperature range: -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- Indoor temperature range: 0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
- Temperature accuracy: +/-1°C
- Transmission range: up to 75 metres line of sight
- Transmission frequency: 433MHz
- Power requirements: Receiver: 3 "AA" alkaline batteries (not included), wireless sensor: 2 "AAA" alkaline batteries (not included)
- Screen (H x W x L): 180mm x 100mm x 30mm
- Transmitter (H x W x L): 85mm x 60mm x 25mm
- DCF/RCC time synchronisation: No
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Bought this Aercus product to replace a quite old desktop model whose display had died. This is a good size, easy to mount remote monitor with good range. Good points: size of display, useful basic information on weather, looks tidy. Less good points: pointless inclusion of clock alarm and time zone settings etc. Decimal points a bit small for the degrees. Instructions a little obscure but OK for setting up after a few minutes of frustration, it needs more buttons to fix that. Overall a quite OK device for the price.
My previous weather station (not this brand) died after many years of use and after researching decided this one was exactly what I needed at a price I wanted to pay. I use it to make decisions on when to use my air conditioning both in summer and winter and it is very handy in summer if you are inside with the cold air blowing and find out that a cool change has arrived outside that you hadn't noticed. Off goes the aircon and the house gets opened up!
I have had a number of basic weather stations in the past that provide temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and forecast indication. This is the best one I have had. Solid construction and easy to use. If you want a basic weather station, this is the one.
The Aercus Instruments WS1173 Desktop Weather Station is easy to set up, easy to understand instructions. I just installed the batteries and in less than a minute the units were communicating. The screen display on the instrument is easy to read, so that changing, the time, date or year is really easy. The max/min feature is easy to use as well. This is a great weather station for a reasonable price.
So concise and simple to set up and start working. The display is very well laid out and easy to understand and so informative.
Does what I wanted quite well
Excellent device. Easy to set up. A good range of information displayed. Is a big improvement on a similar earlier device of a different brand. It displays the information needed to help one decide which of my air conditioning equipment (reverse cycle or evaporative) to run
For the basics of inside/outside temperatures, humidity & atmospheric pressure, the added bonus of icon representation of weather prediction makes this a hassle free and easy to use product.
This my second device after the first was damaged by leaking batteries after many years of use(hint ; buy good quality alkaline). The price is good, it is easy to set-up, easy to read and provides, to me, an accurate assessment of the current weather and forecast of future trends. It is a great middle of the range weather stations. Well recommended.