V40-PRO La Crosse Technology Wireless Wi-Fi Colour Weather Station provides real-time weather data straight from your home or holiday home. The weather station can function as a stand alone station or with the La Crosse View™ App you may remotely access the weather station's data from your smartphone or tablet. The App enables you to receive alerts and push notifications when user-defined values go above or fall below the desired range.
V40-PRO La Crosse Technology monitors the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, "Feels Like" temperature, dew point, wind speed, wind direction and rainfall data, daily high and low temperature records, dynamic forecast icons, and a Wi-Fi connected option, which will allow you to see all of your sensor data in La Crosse View app.
V40-PRO - FAQ
V40-PRO - Product User Manual
V40-PRO - Quick start Guide
V40-PRO - iOS Support
V40-PRO - Android Support
Note: The season indicator icons refer to northern hemisphere icons, and the internet forecast feature is USA-only. Historical data download requires pro-tier subscription. See La Crosse c83100 for a southern-hemisphere model.
Weather Station Features
- Indoor/Outdoor temperature and humidity
- Outdoor trend indicators
- Daily High/Low outdoor temperature records
- "Feels Like" and Dew Point temperature
- High and Low records with time stamp
- Dynamic color weather forecast
- Seasonal trees change
- Current and top wind speed data
- Wind direction
- History records with time stamp
- Time Frame select-able rain fall data
- Rainfall history records
- 12/24 hour setting
- Displays day of the week, month, date & year
- Perpetual calendar: date, month, & full day
- Guided settings menu
- Low battery indicator for each included sensor
- 5 settings LCD brightness
- Sensor connection indicator
- Wifi connection indicator
- Wall hanging or adjustable kickstand for free standing option
- Individual ID's for each sensor
La Crosse View APP Features:
- On-the-Go monitoring - view current condition
- View history graphs - Keep track of data and refer back later to specific dates quickly and conveniently.
- Set custom alerts - Set alerts that matter to you.
- Friends and Family - Share information with your friends and family.
- Customize with your own photos - Personalize with your own photos of the locations that matter to you.
- Easy navigation - Swipe easily between devices and locations.
- Easy navigation - Access the quick view to see all your location data in one place.
- V40 Base Station Display
- Indoor temperature range: 0°C to 50°C
- Indoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Included LTV-TH2 Wireless Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor
- Outdoor temperature range: -40°C to 60°C
- Outdoor humidity range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Transmission range: Up to 121 meters in open air
- Transmission frequency: 915 MHz
- Included LTV-WR1 Multi-Sensor (wind/rain combo) sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0-180 kmh
- Rainfall Range: 0-9999 mm
- Transmission Range: Up to 121 meters in open air, RF 915 MHz
- Power Requirements:
- Display: 5.0 Volt 500mA adaptor included (Required); Optional 3AA Alkaline batteries backup
- LTV-TH3 Sensor: 2AA Alkaline batteries
- LTV-WR1: 3AA Alkaline batteries
- V40 Base Station Display: 204.47 L x 29.97 W x 144.78 H mm
- LTV-TH2 Sensor: 50.04 L x 19.05 W x 145.54 H mm
- LTV-WR1 Multi-sensor: 180.34 L x 180.34 W x 471.68 H mm
Contents of Packaging:
- V40 Base Station
- LTV-TH2 Outdoor Sensor
- LTV-WR1 Multi-sensor
- User manual
The V40-PRO station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor and one Multi Senor (wind/rain). Add-on sensor data will appear in the La Crosse View app.
- LTV-TH1 - Temperature/humidity Sensor No LCD
- LTV-TH3 - Temperature/humidity Sensor with LCD
- LTV-W1 - Wind sensor
- LTV-R1 - Rain sensor
- LTV-R2 - Rain Sensor
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fairly happy with the weather station. However, I cannot see how to change the seasons that show on the display to reflect the correct season for the southern hemisphere. Also, when registering for internet transfer of data, there does not seem to be an option to enter a 4 digit postcode like we have in Australia, even though we can choose an Australian address. Overall, the PWS does what the Product Description says it will do.
After some research on which would be a good weather station to view the data at home and while traveling, the La Crosse V40-Pro seemed to be the best option. I purchased, delivery was quick, and the unit can be set up within a few hours including connecting to the App, and to Weather Underground via the web, fantastic amount of data including history can be viewed on the smartphone and website in real time. Unit is robust, and outside temp sensor is separate soo can be located in more representative position. Fantastic device, the App is brilliant.