La Crosse Technology V42-PRO-AU Wireless Professional Weather Stations
The La Crosse Technology V42 Wireless Professional Weather Station is the latest from La Crosse Technologies. Designed for weather enthusiasts and professional users, the included sensors track wind speed, direction, rainfall, temperature, and humidity, making the V42 a complete package!
The dynamic high-definition colour display conveniently shows indoor and outdoor data points and daily and hourly AccuWeather forecast predictions. Combined with the La Crosse View app for mobile monitoring, alerts, and historic trends, the V42 Wi-Fi Professional Weather Station is a welcome addition to any home.
V42-PRO-AU is designed for use in the southern hemisphere and can be worked as a standalone without connecting to your 2.4GHz WiFi, but for more functionality, connecting the V42-PRO-AU to the internet you to view history and check your home weather anywhere from your smart mobile phone app. La Crosse View App is free to download and use. Upgrading the App to the Enhanced or Advanced tiers will allow data downloading functionality for as little as US$1.99 a month.
V42-PRO user manual
V42-PRO introductory video
V42-PRO La Crosse View - Station Setup & App Connection Part 1
V42-PRO La Crosse View - Station Setup & App Connection Part 2
La Crosse View YouTube video support.
V42-PRO-AU LCD base station:
- 4 Language Options: English, Spanish, French and German
- Adjustable Backlight: Auto Dim
- Low Battery Indicators: Station and Sensors
- Wi-Fi Connection Indicators
- Wall Hanging or Free Standing Options
Time / Date
- 12/24 Hour Time Setting
- Calendar: Day, Month, Date and Year
- Calendar Format: Month/Date or Date/Month
- Internet Time Synch: When Connected
Forecast & Moon Phase
- 6 Dynamic Forecast Icons
- Extended forecast: when connected
- Moon Phase: From 7 pm to 7 am
Temperature/Humidity (°F or °C)
- Indoor/Outdoor Readings
- Indoor Comfort Meter
- Feels-Like Temperature and Dew Point
- Hi/Lo Records with Time/Date Stamp
- Indoor/Outdoor Alerts for Temperature and Humidity
- Hi/Lo Temperature in the Forecast area from the sensor if not connected.
- Option to select Decimals or No Decimals in Settings Menu
Rainfall (Inches or millimetres)
- Selectable rainfall time frame (1 hr, 24 hr, 7 Days, 1 Month, 1 Year, Total)
- Days Since Last Rain
- Internet Chance of Precipitation: When connected.
Wind Speed (MPH or kmH) & Direction (Compass NSEW or Degrees)
- Current and Top Wind Speed
- Record Records with Time/ Date Stamp
- Wind Speed Alert
- The wind/rain sensor has a unique ID and a is locked on the station until deleted.
- Current and Prevailing Wind Direction
- Current Wind Direction
- This weather station can function as a standalone weather station, OR you can download the free La Crosse View™ App for enhanced features.
- Enhanced Station Features - When Connected
- Localization of the Data Streams
- Internet Time when connected.
- Hourly and Daily Forecast when connected.
- Additional Forecast Icons when connected.
- Internet Temperature Hi/LO Forecast when connected.
- Internet Percent of Precipitation when connected.
Build your system to monitor what matters to you with additional sensors for your La Crosse View™ App. The V42-PRO station can display data from one Temperature & Humidity (TH) sensor and one Cyclone Senor. Add-on sensor data will pass through to the La Crosse View App.
Additional Features and Specifications:
- Indoor Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C
- Indoor Humidity Range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- LTV-TH5i Wireless Outdoor Temp/Humidity Sensor – Included
- Sensirion Chip for greater accuracy
- Outdoor Temperature Range: -40°C to 60°C
- Outdoor Humidity Range: 10% RH to 99%RH
- Transmission Range: Up to 121 Meters in Open Air
- Transmission Frequency: 915 MHz
- LCD Screen – Fahrenheit/Celsius Selectable
- Integrated Mounting Hole
- Ergonomic Base for Free Standing
- Easy Access Battery Compartment
- Over 12 Month Battery Life
- Weather Resistant
Included LTV-WSDR1 Cyclone Pro (Wind/Rain Combo) Sensor
- Wind Speed Range: 0 to 178 kph
- Rainfall Range: 0 to 9999 mm
- Transmission Range: 121m in ideal conditions, 30-40m real-world conditions
- Update Interval: Every 31 Seconds
- Display: 5.0V - Power Cable Included (Required); Battery Backup: CR2032 Coin Cell Battery (included)
- LTV-TH5i Sensor: 2AA Alkaline batteries
- LTV-WSDR1: 3AA Alkaline batteries
- Display: 21.08 x 2.87 x 16.08 cm (LWH)
- LTV-TH5i: 5 x 1.91 x 14.55 cm (LWH)
- LTV-WSDR1: 34.98 x 13.08 x 44.30 cm (LWH) with bracket; 34.98 x 13.08 x 23.19 cm (LWH) without bracket