Comes with FREE 29 page Beginner's Guide ebook "Trouble-Free Wireless Weather Station Setup and Maintenance - The Definitive Guide"
The Aercus Instruments WeatherRanger is the new breed of weather station that combines sleek full colour TFT LCD technology with direct internet publishing, allowing data to be viewed from anywhere on any internet capable device (console connects directly to your WiFi capable modem so your PC or Mac does not need to remain on).
The menu based full colour multi-screen display includes high and low alarm conditions with audible alert, calibration of all major parameters, real-time internet weather publishing to Wunderground.com the world's largest and most popular weather station network, and encrypted WiFi transmission.
The WeatherRanger’s all-in-one external sensor suite tracks the full range of weather variables including UV Index and Light and its rapid 16 second update along with massive built in data logger (66m readings) places it at the head of the queue for all serious weather watchers.
The WeatherRanger is simple to install and is PC and Mac compatible. Data can be exported to an SD card (in CSV format) for transfer to PC or Mac for detailed analysis in Excel or specialist weather station applications such as Cumulus or Weather Display.
Installation kit included.
- Full colour TFT LCD console. Automatically turn on/off the backlight or adjust brightness based on time of day.
- Direct internet publishing. Console connects directly to your WiFi capable modem so your PC or Mac does not need to remain on. Data is automatically sent to Wunderground.com (note: indoor temperature and humidity are not currently available on Weather Underground).
- Outdoor temperature
- Indoor humidity
- Outdoor humidity
- Barometric pressure
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Rainfall (self emptying rain gauge)
- Dew point
- UV and light measurement
- Short range forecast
- Sunrise, sunset, moonphase
- Console displays history graphs for major weather parameters
- Massive built in data logger (66m readings)
- Customisable weather alarms (high and low for each variable)
- Minima and maxima tracked for each variable
- Storm warning
- User adjustable measuring intervals (1 - 240 minutes)
- Wireless sensors transmit data up to 100m (line of sight) back to LCD display
- Solar panel for outdoor sensors extends battery life.
- Outdoor temperature range: -30°C to + 65°C (-22°F to +149°F) at 0.1° resolution)
- Indoor temperature range: -10°C to +60°C (14°F to +140°F) at 0.1° resolution)
- Temperature accuracy: ±1°C
- Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Humidity accuracy: ±5%
- Barometric pressure: 300hPa to 1100hPA (inHg, mmHG or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
- Barometric pressure accuracy: ±3hPa(within range of 700-1100hPa)
- Light: 0 to 400k Lux
- Light accuracy: ±15%
- Rain volume display: 0 to 9999mm, resolution 0.3mm (if rain volume < 1000mm) or 1mm (if rain volume > 1000mm)
- Rain accuracy: ±10%
- UV Index: 1 to 12
- Wind speed: 0 to 160 km/h (resolution 0.1km/h)
- Wind direction: 0 - 360º (resolution 1º)
- Wind accuracy: 1°, ±3.5km/h or 10% (whichever is greater)
- Transmission range: up to 100m (330 feet) line of sight
- Transmission frequency: 433MHz
- Alarm duration: 120 sec
- Console data storage capacity: up to 66,000,000 readings
- Update rate: outdoor sensor 16 seconds, indoor sensor 64 seconds
- Power consumption: console 5V DC adaptor (included), indoor sensor 2 x AAA batteries (not included), outdoor sensor array 3 x AA batteries (not included)
- Mounting pole: length 20cm (12cm protrudes from base of outdoor sensor), diameter 3cm
23 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love my weather station. Easy to use, and if you take the time to configure for southern hemisphere location it's very accurate. I have had other brand weather stations before but this one has been the best at this level. If I was slightly pick, I would have liked a bigger interface with larger temp and time as I have this mounted to my wall and am constantly checking. Another indoor temp gauge would have been nice to check more than one zone. Minor drawbacks but over all an excellent product I am very happy with
Weather station operated as expected and was compatible with another brand weather station. Instruments are installed approximately 50m from console. The SD card interface on console is difficult to insert and extract. Needs a better interface.
Easy and simple to set up. Once we had the outdoor unit mounted, we used Google Earth to get the Lat/Long for our location. Logging in and entering the necessary location specific data into the Wunderground website and setting the display unit accordingly had us publishing our home weather online within the hour.
Outdoor unit seems very well made, indoor console is a bit cheap looking but altogether the unit seems to work well. Would have rated 4 stars except the prompt and efficient support from Monax when I raised a support ticket because it would not connect to the internet made me give it 5 stars.
Has all the functions promised. Pretty easy to set up. I had some trouble connecting to the internet, but advice from the supplier and a download of a more recent operating system solved the issue. Look forward to learning more about it. Only downside as an Australian is that I would prefer an ‘Apparent Temperature’ reading rather than the ‘Wind Chill’ reading which is offered and is rather meaningless for Australians. Monax Note: The screen does show "Heat Index" for temperatures of above 27 degrees C.
Very happy with the station, straight forward set up (touch screen would make it even easier) look forward to seeing how it holds up in a blow.
Great product that met my expectations. My weather station is about 65 meters away from the base unit through a glass wall. Signal strength is 3 bars (about half I think) Only down was the very short pole for mounting the unit. A bit longer would be nice. Connected to wunderground weather without any issues.
Easy to setup, install and get operational. The display is great, very clear and all the information needed readily visible. Having some issues with seeing the unit [on Weather Underground] on my iPad but otherwise very happy.
Very easy and straight forward to install and set up. I connected to the wifi and Wunderground with no problems which is remarkable for me. It has been recording the local weather for two weeks now with no problems to date so I am looking forward hopefully to years of use.