Comes with FREE 29 page Beginner's Guide ebook "Trouble-Free Wireless Weather Station Setup and Maintenance - The Definitive Guide"
The Aercus Instruments WeatherSleuth is at the leading edge of console-free direct to internet weather stations.
The Aercus Instruments WeatherSleuth is an Internet Protocol (IP) based weather station that foregoes the need for a console and instead bursts the station's data directly up to Wunderground.com; the world's largest and most popular weather station network. The WeatherSleuth's receiver module connects directly to your modem/router providing real-time internet monitoring from anywhere on any internet capable device (note: the receiver module plugs directly into your modem/router so your PC or Mac does not need to remain on).
The WeatherSleuth's all-in-one external sensor suite tracks the full range of weather variables including UV Index and Light and its rapid 16 second update places it at the forefront of modern weather station technology. All major parameters are calibratable.
The WeatherSleuth is simple to install and is PC and Mac compatible. Installation kit included.
- Direct internet publishing. Receiver module connects directly to your modem/router so your PC or MAC does not need to remain on. Data is automatically sent to Wunderground.com (note: indoor temperature and humidity are not currently available on Weather Underground)
- Indoor temperature
- Outdoor temperature
- Indoor humidity
- Outdoor humidity
- Barometric pressure
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Rainfall (self emptying rain gauge)
- UV and light measurement
- Sunrise, sunset, moonphase (displayed on Wunderground.com)
- History graphs (displayed on Wunderground.com)
- Wireless sensors transmit data up to 100m (line of sight) back to receiver module
- Solar panel for outdoor sensors extends battery life.
- Outdoor temperature range: -30°C to + 65°C (-22°F to +149°F) at 0.1° resolution)
- Indoor temperature range: -10°C to +60°C (14°F to +140°F) at 0.1° resolution)
- Temperature accuracy: ±1°C
- Humidity range: 10% to 99% (1% resolution)
- Humidity accuracy: ±5%
- Barometric pressure: 300hPa to 1100hPA (inHg, mmHG or hPa) with 0.1hPa resolution
- Barometric pressure accuracy: ±3hPa(within range of 700-1100hPa)
- Light: 0 to 400k Lux
- Light accuracy: ±15%
- Rain volume display: 0 to 9999mm, resolution 0.3mm (if rain volume < 1000mm) or 1mm (if rain volume > 1000mm)
- Rain accuracy: ±10%
- UV Index: 1 to 12
- Wind speed: 0 to 160 km/h (resolution 0.1km/h)
- Wind direction: 0 - 360º (resolution 1º)
- Wind accuracy: 1°, ±3.5km/h or 10% (whichever is greater)
- Transmission range: up to 100m (330 feet) line of sight
- Update rate: outdoor sensor 16 seconds, indoor sensor 64 seconds
- Transmission frequency: 433MHz
- Power consumption: console 5V DC adaptor (included), indoor sensor 2 x AAA batteries (not included), outdoor sensor array 3 x AA batteries (not included)
- Mounting pole: length 20cm (12cm protrudes from base of outdoor sensor), diameter 3cm
16 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Setup was super easy, got it communicating with Weather Underground quickly and after a few days got a quality "gold star" showing my readings are considered accurate. The receiver has a configuration webpage and a live readings page which is easy to scrape the data from and import into home automation systems (Home Assistant in my case). So now I have live weather data on Wunderground and on my local network.
Timely delivery. Easy installation. Ready access to weather station data on iPhone and laptop. Would recommend this product.
Prompt delivery, article as described, and working well. Already survived a serious storm. Generating interest amongst friends and others, having an internet connection. Also opens up a new field of interest by being able to look closer to what goes on in the subject of weather much further than the confines of my home property.
I have had the Weather Sleuth for 12 months now and it delivers amazing data. Coupled with the wunderground.com website offers truly professional local and global weather information. I recently had a problem with the hardware which was tricky and time-consuming to identify and resolve. Monax were outstanding and in the end replaced the entire unit. Thanks for the great product and support.
I know very little about computers. It was extremely easy to put together & I followed step by step instructions & it worked!!! over the moon with it. Love it highly recommended.
We got this weather station about 6 months ago and it has been great. Easy to set up, accurate weather recording instantly uploaded to the web. We did have a failure after about 3 months but Monax were great and sent out a replacement very promptly. It gives me the confidence to recommend Monax to anyone looking for a weather station. Great service.
What a brilliant weather station! I've been tracking my readings against some reliable weather stations (not Netatmo) nearby and it's spot on. Measures, rainfall, temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, pressure - basically everything you need. It's a shame Weather Underground allows the Netatmo weather stations on their network because nearly all of them are extremely inaccurate and are useless.
Received a WeatherSleuth station for Christmas and is a great little unit that is dead easy to setup and is accurate out of the box with only minor tinkering. Highly recommend if your budget does not extend to a Davis. I did have some problems with the pressure sensor that gave inaccurate readings, but Monax replaced the entire sensor sensor suite, no questions asked. Arrived two days later and now works brilliantly. Highly recommend going through Monax, fantastic customer service.
I was looking for a PWS that didn't include a console (how many consoles do you need?) and this one came up. It was super easy to install out of the box and configure and it was set up to automatically connect to the Weather Underground. There are only 2 things to be careful with. Firstly for Southern Hemisphere users the orientation needs to be adjusted as the compass indicators on the unit reflect a Northern Hemisphere. The receiver also needs to be set up as well - the manual notes this but it would be easy to miss. The second thing to note is that the s/w tool supplied works for Windows devices only and I have a Mac. Luckily I had an IP scanner on my MAC so could find the IP address of the receiver. All in all a great unit and would definitely recommend it.